Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowman Images

My hometown, Long Beach, NY, was devastated by Hurricane Sandy. It's a community with lots of spirit and support. I just caught this new effort. Although many are still homeless or are living in their homes while they undergo major renovations, I'm enamored by their creativity. Project 11561 is just one among many efforts to keep up the spirits of the people.   As Valentine's Day approaches, consider how you can run a similar contest in your classrooms and how you might visually represent the works of your students. 





3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    This is a very clever way to generate some group spirit (whether it be town, school, classroom, etc.) and the results are very creative. I'm such an old school thinker that I never would have thought of making a spiked-hair, guitar-playing, rock star snowman -- but now I just might!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! It's great to see how so many people are able to have some fun, even when their worlds may not seem as perfect as they should be. And let's face it...with all of the snow that has showered us, who wouldn't want to have a good time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the recent snow fall in the northeast, I bet there could be all kinds of contests happening for good causes. This is great wasy to get students of all ages involved in showing support and or team/school spirit. The pictures are very creative. My favorite one is the sand snowman. How appropriate for the Long Island shore.

    ReplyDelete